Version 1.0 -15.04.2019
Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use
This Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use (“AUP”) defines the rules and conditions that govern your access to and use (including transmission, processing, and storage of data) of the resources and services (“Services”) as granted by the EurOPDX Research Infrastructure – EurOPDX Data Portal for the purpose of accessing and using patient-derived xenograft “PDX” Services for academic and industrial cancer research (“Purpose”).
- You shall only use the Services in a manner consistent with the Purpose and limitations described above; you shall show consideration towards other users including by not causing harm to the Services; you have an obligation to collaborate in the resolution of issues arising from your use of the Services.
- You shall only use the Services for lawful purposes and not breach, attempt to breach, nor circumvent administrative or security controls.
- You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
- You shall protect your access credentials (e.g. passwords, private keys or multi-factor tokens); no intentional sharing is permitted.
- You shall keep your registered information correct and up to date.
- You shall promptly report known or suspected security breaches, credential compromise, or misuse to the security contact stated below; and report any compromised credentials to the relevant issuing authorities.
- Reliance on the Services shall only be to the extent specified by any applicable service level agreements listed below. Use without such agreements is at your own risk.
- Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the privacy statements referenced below.
- Your use of the Services may be restricted or suspended, for administrative, operational, or security reasons, without prior notice and without compensation.
- If you violate these rules, you may be liable for the consequences, which may include your account being suspended and a report being made to your home organisation or to law enforcement.
- PDX models & associated data hosted by the EurOPDX Data Portal remain property of the PDX developer, who retains all right, title, & interest in & to the PDX models and data. The EurOPDX Research Infrastructure imposes no additional usage restrictions beyond those stipulated by the data owner. No right or license in or to the PDX models & data are granted or implied through their display in the EurOPDX Data Portal.
- You shall acknowledge data owners and the EurOPDX Research Infrastructure where appropriate, in accordance with good scientific practice, in particular in the case of collaborations facilitated by the EurOPDX Data Portal. To acknowledge the EurOPDX RI and EurOPDX Data Portal: “This work was facilitated by the EurOPDX Research Infrastructure, which has been funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme (Grant Agreement no. #731105), Project EDIReX”.
The administrative contacts for this AUP are:
- for IT and security queries – email@example.com
- for general enquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org
The EurOPDX privacy statement is located at: https://www.europdx.eu/privacy
No applicable service level agreements are in effect at present.